26 September, 2007

Spoke too soon

The last two nights I have been getting about 4-5 hours sleep and then waking up and not able to go back to sleep. It's not so much pain, as I took some pain pills before, but the fact that I just can't get comfortable on my back or on my side with a pillow between my legs. I am a bad sleeper to begin with and lack of comfort with sleeping positions is just exacerbating the issue.

Yesterday we came back to the city. Thankfully I wasn't queasy on the drive back; I thought I was going to be so ill on the way out to the island last week. I did the CPM for two hours and when we were taking my leg out of it, I must have twisted or turned a bit too much one way as my hip started screaming in agony. I was so annoyed as I hadn't needed to take a pain pill since I went to be on Monday night. After this incident the pain just got worse leading me to cave in and take a pain pill. I was quite a grump the rest of the night. (Until House came on - I LOVE HUGH LAURIE!!! I've been watching the complete set of Jeeves & Wooster - I put it on when I have to spend the time on the CPM - and I absolutely love it. They don't make television like they used to, for the most part. Anyway, I highly recommend watching this series, Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie are completely brilliant!)

Haven't taken a pain pill yet today, trying to get on without it. I'll see how I'm doing before PT, may take one just to avoid the after effects of the torture. So not looking forward to this outing. Then again, at least it will get me outside for a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope last night was just a fluke and that you get some rest so you can start to heal and recover.

Martina