10 February, 2008

Holding up

Yesterday I made it to the pool. I was definitely sore afterwards but we stopped for some brunch on the way home and I didn't notice it till we started walking afterwards. It was a bit rough going. I had been planning on icing it after I showered and dressed but time was limited as my parents showed up and we all went to the theatre. I was wishing I had thrown a patch on the hip to deal with all that sitting for long a period.

We first stopped off to get tickets for another show. We ended up taking a cab from my place as I had decided my hip would be the better for it, and since there were four of us I didn't feel too environmentally unconscious. We walked from that theatre to the other, which was not too bad.

The AA theatre might be redone but who doesn't put aisles anywhere in the mezzanine except at the ends? We had wonderful centre mezzanine seats, but once you finally got to the seat there was no way to escape (or go to the loo, or stretch and walk, etc). Because of this I was regretting not putting on a lidocaine patch before getting to the seat, though I didn't realise I would need one until I sat down. I did survive though and the good thing about the theatre is they have a lift, so I didn't have to climb a ton of stairs. BTW - I highly recommend "The 39 Steps". It's very amusing and funny.

Afterwards we went to the "only Scottish restaurant/bar" in NYC. At least that's what it says out front. I love this place, and it's been ages since I've been plus it was keeping with the theme of the play, or at least the locale. After spending some time in there, we took the bus up from midtown - I was still trying to avoid the stairs anyway I could. It was a much better result I believe. The rest of the night we stayed local so not a lot of walking which was good. I feel pretty good today, and am hoping (touch wood) it holds up.

No comments: