05 June, 2008

consultations

After speaking to Dr. A yesterday, I tried ringing my internist Dr. Rosen. She was out so I sent her an email. I love technology. She rang me back this morning. It's good to have a doctor you know for so long and knows all your intricacies. She doesn't feel I should necessarily have the colonoscopy before since there is an infection to begin with, so that was good news and I'm happy to go with that theory. I really wasn't in the mood to have to go through that right now as well.
I also had asked her about my previous colonoscopy. I couldn't remember when it was, but it was way back in 1994! Another good thing about keeping the same doctor, they have all your records! It showed a little inflammation (colitis) but was non-specific and not something anyone was concerned with. I had been going through a lot then and having tons of tests so she wasn't thinking it meant much, even in hindsight. That' a relief. I am totally stressing about going to Dr. A's later though.

On a hip note, I've done a lot of walking the last four days and today my right hip is telling me to stop it. But still, it's a lot more then I've done in a long time, so I'm looking at it as progress. :-)

PS- I've just decided I'm throwing on a lido patch on the right hip - I can't deal with anymore pain!!!

No comments: