19 July, 2010

More poison

Last Wednesday we did another round of Botox injections. On an (high) average I'd say I got about 30-40% improvement during the middle bit. The first two weeks were horrid and after a few weeks I started to get bad again.
I've also discovered that I do much better when I'm not sitting in front of a desk all day. Anyone hiring tour guides for England? I felt pretty good when I was over there moving around a lot more during the day. Granted I was extremely blessed with optimal weather a well.
Anyway the Botox. We did three vials instead of two this time, seven injections total into different areas in my neck an shoulder. After I felt like I still had the needles in me for hours. The injections are pretty deep at least they feel it. They also anger my muscles and I've been getting progressively worse since Wednesday.
Last night was the worst so far. Complete meltdown with the pain. I kept trying to do all normal things as if I wasn't in tons of pain this weekend so perhaps that didn't help. I did go to the gym on Friday and actually felt a litle better after though it didn't last very long. I tried heat and ice yesterday bit I don't know if they helped or hindered. I also used the massage chair when I was getting a pedicure. It was mostly on my lower back and it felt good. No idea if that helped or hindered or had no effect at all.
At present on my way to work with the intention of going to the gym at lunch. Even if it is only for a bit I have to try.
Going to try to keep a better record this time because I didn't last time and it was hard to recall things months later.
Also my right hand where my last surgery was has been inflamed the last few days. Perhaps it's all connected. If only my right side felt like the left side of my body. It's so strange how one half dying in pain and the other barely so.

2 comments:

Marc said...

Hi, I found your blog while researching my own severe myofascial pain issues, and being aware of how miserable it is not to be able to live normally and do all the things I used to be able to do (albeit on a much smaller scale than you) my heart goes out to you--your posts make me want to cry.

While you obviously have your own issues to deal with, since I live in new york and have also been "wishing for normalcy", I couldn't help but reach out and ask for your opinion--I've been doing trigger point dry needling in Boston (where I grew up and went when I left New York as pain got so bad) and it's been helping enormously; now however I need to go back to new york and have been having tons of trouble finding someone. Came across a guy in NJ who seems pretty legit, but taking a zipcar 90 minutes every week isn't really so great. I've looked into both Dr. Panagos and Mark Seem, and was just wondering if you had anything to say on either one.

Anyway, I'll more than understand if you never get around to this, and sincerest best wishes for you.

T said...

Marc,
Sorry I've not been updating this site in ages, and just saw your post.
I've used Mark Seem and he was v. good and Dr. Panagos is one of my favourite drs ever. We've been trying this new Perineural Subcutaneous Injections and they seem to be going well. Only three weeks in and unf insurance doesn't cover, so will wait to see how it is long term if I do in other areas. Best of luck and hope you are doing well.- T