01 August, 2007

PT appt

Just to update as of today -
I had a PT appt. My insurance is only approving two more appts at the moment, so we've split them up as Dr. Kelly wants me to be evaluated closer to surgery. Now it's up to me to do more "homework" as I call it. I have been doing some excercises in the pool and will keep that up as much as possible. Also, my PT gave me more shoulder excercise to do so I can strengthen it up for the crutches. He is recommending some type of "elbow crutch" but I will have to do some research. The key is to keep as much pressure off of my hands and shoulders as possible, since I'm such a complete wreck!
He explained more about the psoas muscle release and said it should be fine, but with all that Dr. Kelly will be doing on my hip, I will probably be on crutches 4-5 wks. G-d give me strength, that is going to be rough!
So, onwards and upwards as they keep telling me. I have much to accomplish before I even have the surgery, but I'm hoping all this work will pay off with a (touch wood) quicker recovery!

No comments: